Monday, September 8, 2008

Introducing myself

Hello, I am Laura Church, and I am a Massage Therapist here in Greensboro. I have been in the field of massage now for 4 years. It's been a wonderful, and fulfilling experience helping others free up in their bodies and minds. I am here in this global arts class because I love art and music and want to expand my understanding and enhance in my own being self expression.

I have a background in science, I worked as a medical and research lab tech for 13 years before I decided to change careers. I was burned out, and needed something more than being trapped in hospitals and various other labs. I had a back injury which inspired me to seek out massage therapy as treatment. As a result, I realized that I wanted to contribute to the well being of others by becoming a therapist myself.

Being a massage therapist has been very transforming to me and being in Grad school is part of this process. I chose liberal studies because it offers a wide variety of experiences and learning to offer.

No comments: